PDC Live Darts has boomed in popularity in recent years. The Professional Darts Corporation (PDC) is a professional darts organisation established in 1992 when a group of leading players split from the British Darts Organisation (BDO).
Live Darts coverage in the UK is largely available on Sky Sports, who have attainted live darts TV rights to many of the major tournaments. The biggest is the PDC World Darts Championships but other popular tournaments include Premier League Darts, Grand Slam of Darts and World Matchplay.
BBC Sport had been the traditional home of BDO darts but dropped the BDO World Darts Championship in 2016. Channel 4 acquired the rights and will share coverage with BT Sport. The BBC instead decided to show a new PDC tournament instead, the Champions League of Darts which takes place every September.
ITV Sport have the broadcast rights to show The UK Masters, UK Open, European Championship, Players Championship plus various Masters tournaments around the world.
Darts Live on Sky Sports
- Live and exclusive coverage of the PDC World Darts Championship (broadcast every year in December to January)
- Live and exclusive coverage of PDC Premier League Darts (broadcast between February and April)
- World Cup of Darts (every year in June)
- PDC World Matchplay (broadcast every year in July)
- World Grand Prix (broadcast every year in October)
- Grand Slam of Darts (broadcast every year in November)
BBC Sport Live Darts
- Live coverage of PDC Champions League of Darts (broadcast every year in September)
ITV Live Darts
- Live coverage of the The Masters on ITV4 (broadcast every year in January)
- UK Open Finals (broadcast every March)
- Live streaming of Dubai Masters (every year in May)
- Auckland Masters and Shanghai Masters (shown in June every year)
- Tokyo Masters (yearly in July)
- Sydney Masters and Perth Masters (shown in August each year)
- European Championship Darts (yearly in October)
- World Series Finals (shown in November every year)
- Live coverage of the Players Championship Finals on ITV4 (broadcast every year in November)
- PDC World Youth Championship (broadcast in November)
BT Sport Live Darts
- BDO World Darts Championship (every January at the Lakeside, shared coverage with Channel 4)
Channel 4 Darts Live
- BDO World Darts Championship (every January at the Lakeside, shared coverage with BT Sport)
So how do you watch live darts from anywhere?
When you load Sky Sports, BBC iPlayer, ITV Player or All 4 in the USA, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, France, Spain, Australia, Dubai, Canada etc. you will get an error message. This is basically because their streaming services are geoblocked based on the IP address being used to access it. You must be a UK domestic web user to access Sky, BBC, ITV and Channel 4.
- Get a UK IP address.
- If you just want to watch on your PC, Mac or iPad. Then you can get a UK Proxy or VPN from Liberty Shield from only £6.99 per month.
- Prefer to watch on supported media streaming devices like Smart TVs, Apple TV, Xbox, PS4 etc? You’ll need a UK configured VPN Router setup as British for only £54.99 with FREE Worldwide Shipping.
Once you have a UK IP address you’ll be able to watch free live streaming of the tournaments shown on BBC Sport, ITV Sport and Channel 4. You will need a SkyGo login to watch Sky Sports darts tournaments or you can consider daily, weekly or monthly passes to watch Sky Sports on Now TV.
No Sky Sports or BT Sport subscription? See the comments below this article for more information.